• More than £100million was paid out to energy farms that own windfarms last year to SWITCH OFF their turbines and STOP producing electricity.
• According to the analysis of official figures the windfarms generate an average of 40% more funds when their turbines are turned off, than when they are running!
• Renewable Energy Foundation (REF); described it as a ‘scandal’ that companies were paid for turning off turbines when there is a lack of demand for energy, such as night-time when the need for electricity is low.
• Consumers pay for these subsidies through their electricity bills. Such pay-outs have exploded from £6,000,000 in 2012 to £108,000,000 in 2017.
• In the last 5 years a total of £367,000,000 was spent on such payments – these figures equate to windfarms earning £70 per MWh when switched off, compared with £49 per MWh when active!
• It’s all part of the WINDFARM RACKET…. where greed, politics and power all get together…. and it’s NOT RIGHT.