Arlene Knox, Senior Planner in charge of the proposed Ardtaraig Windfarm Planning Application has advised us that they are now expecting a Planning Application in May.
Col Glen Council held an open day at The Glendaruel Village Hall on March 11, 2018.
East Renfrewshire Council confirmed that Cumulative noise from a number of wind turbine developments in the area was causing a 9db breach of Planning Conditions.
Don’t let this happen in Cowal and elsewhere in Scotland!
Save the Eagles International has been alerting authorities to turbine problems and eagle populations since 2011.
Many ornithological experts, affected by conflicts of interest, DENY that wind turbines could lead to the extinction of eagle populations.
NOW NEW EVIDENCE PROVES THEY ARE WRONG…….
- A study has now found that Windfarms may tip some species into accelerated extinction;
- The Andalusia (Spain) – example is a lesson for us all. Where windfarms are being determined as the key causal factor further diminishing a fragile population. We must not let this happen in Scotland.
- 85% of onshore windfarms operate under the – Renewable Obligation System (ROS).
- These windfarms earn, an average ROS worth £47 MWh; and the value of electricity sold – worth about £45 MWh.
- ROS scheme ended in 2015 for NEW applicants, but Contracts for Difference (CfD’s) have replaced the ROS program in certain circumstances.
Aileen Jackson of East Renfrewshire had her complaint, of shadow flicker from the 4 turbines (10MW) Neilston Windfarm,
- “… it was with dismay that I heard this week of another very rare eagle being killed by the blades of a turbine. Such happenings are common though rarely reported.
- This time it was in the Netherlands at a windfarm in Lelystad the site of the windfarm is close to a nature reserve that has, with tragic irony, been a safe refuge for the endangered Sea Eagles since they were introduced to the country a little over a decade ago.
• More than £100million was paid out to energy farms that own windfarms last year to SWITCH OFF their turbines and STOP producing electricity.
– Reliance on Windfarms has caused 172,000 power outages annually
- Communities that were gullible enough to welcome Wind farms – end up regretting it …. for a lifetime.